ANA to Unveil Boeing 787-9 Aircraft Newly Designed to
Enhance Comfort and Functionality
- ・The newly designed B787-9 aircraft with 375 seats will be introduced on ANA's domestic routes beginning on December 9, 2021. On these aircraft, the number of Premium Class seats has been increased by 10 for a total of 28 seats.
- ・The aircraft will be the first B787-9 to be equipped with a personal screen monitor on all Premium Class and Economy Class seats. In addition, the personal screen monitor in the Economy Class has been expanded from 11.6 inches to 13.3 inches, the largest size for domestic flights.
TOKYO, Dec. 8, 2021 - All Nippon Airways (ANA) Japan's largest and 5-Star airline for nine consecutive years, has announced that the Boeing 787-9 aircraft - which recently celebrated its 10th anniversary in November - will be revamped with enhanced seats, including personal screen monitors for every seat. These upgrades will provide an even more comfortable and fulfilling flight experience for domestic passengers.
"The Boeing 787 has served ANA with distinction for a decade now, and we are excited to add more comfort and functionality to our fleet of incredibly capable aircraft," said Junko Yazawa, Senior Vice President, Customer Experience Management & Planning of ANA. "The new features on the Boeing 787-9 strengthen an already great aircraft and will improve the passenger experience on domestic flights. ANA has always put passengers first and will continue to take all necessary steps to enhance comfort and convenience for everyone who chooses to fly with us."
1. Aircraft details
Boeing 787-9 aircraft for domestic routes (375 seats; Premium Class: 28 seats, Economy Class: 347 seats)
2. Date of introduction
The first flight on the newly designed 787-9 aircraft is scheduled for December 9, as NH477 departing from Tokyo Haneda at 15:25 and arriving at Okinawa Naha at 18:20.
3. Premium class seats
The new aircraft will feature seats manufactured by Safran Seats US, which have been well received on the Boeing 777-200 aircraft after their introduction in fall 2019. Inspired by the First Class seating on ANA international flights, these seats will be the highest quality Premium Class seats available on Japanese domestic flights. They will boast a more luxurious and dignified feel in overall texture, color and pattern and fabric. In addition, the number of seats will be increased from 18 to 28, giving the 787-9 aircraft the largest Premium Class seating capacity for domestic aircraft.
Our commitment to comfort and functionality
- ・Cutting-edge 15.6-inch flat-screen personal monitor, the largest screen on a domestic flight
- ・Largest seat width for domestic flights: 22 inches (56 centimeters)
(Including the recesses on the inside of the armrest)
- ・Large dividers between seats to provide greater security and privacy
- ・Intuitive electric seat controls
- ・Storage compartment next to the seat
- ・Easily accessible PC power and USB port locations
- ・A large, swiveling tray table
4. Economy Class seats
The new aircraft will feature the same seats that have been well received on ANA domestic Boeing 777-200 aircraft. These seats are made to the highest standards of Japanese quality by incorporating the ergonomic technology cultivated in automobile seats by Toyota Boshoku and ANA's expertise in seat design. Each seat has a unique fabric pattern, allowing passengers to experience new in-flight spaces each time they board.
Our commitment to comfort and functionality
- ・Cutting-edge 13.3-inch thin personal monitor, the largest economy class monitor on domestic flights
- ・Equipped with PC power supply and USB ports
- ・The seat's backrest supports the pelvis to help passengers maintain a relaxed posture
- ・Comfortable seat shape that is suited to all body types
- ・Highly ergonomic table and armrest
- ・Cup holders have adopted a clover shape to make it easier to remove paper cups
The number of aircraft with personal monitors on domestic routes will total 61 by the end of fiscal 2021.
- ・Domestic aircraft with seat monitors:
22 Airbus A321neo aircraft, 4 Boeing 777-200 aircraft, 6 Boeing 787-8 aircraft (Premium class only), and 2 Boeing 787-9 aircraft
- ・International aircraft with seat monitors (temporarily operating on domestic routes):
11 Airbus A320neo aircraft, and 16 Boeing 787-8 aircraft
ANA Corporate Communications, TEL +81-3-6735-1111, firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1952 with just two helicopters, All Nippon Airways (ANA) has grown to become the largest airline in Japan. ANA HOLDINGS Inc. (ANA HD) was established in 2013 as the largest airline group holding company in Japan, comprising 71 companies including ANA and Peach Aviation, the leading LCC in Japan.
ANA is a launch customer and the largest operator of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, making ANA HD the biggest Dreamliner owner in the world. A member of Star Alliance since 1999, ANA has joint venture agreements with United Airlines, Lufthansa German Airlines, Swiss International Airlines, and Austrian Airlines - giving it a truly global presence.
The airline's legacy of superior service has helped it earn SKYTRAX's respected 5-Star rating every year since 2013, with ANA being the only Japanese airline to win this prestigious designation for nine consecutive years. ANA also has been recognized by Air Transport World as "Airline of the Year" three times (2007, 2013 and 2018); it is one of only a select few airlines to win this prominent award multiple times.
In 2021, ANA was awarded the 5-star COVID-19 safety rating by SKYTRAX, recognizing the airline's initiatives to provide a safe, clean and hygienic environment at airports and aboard aircraft, embodied in the ANA Care Promise.
ANA is the only company in the aviation industry to receive the Gold Class distinction from the 2021 S&P Global Sustainability Awards and ANA HD has been selected as a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index list for the fourth consecutive year and the Dow Jones Sustainability Asia Pacific Index list for the fifth consecutive year.
For more information, please refer to the following link: