ANA HOLDINGS Announces New Business Plans to
Launch a Mileage-based Ecosystem
TOKYO, March 26, 2021 - ANA HOLDINGS INC. (hereinafter "ANA HD") is moving forward with plans to secure future growth by strengthening its non-aviation business through the reorganization of its group companies. On April 1, 2021, ANA X Co., Ltd. (hereinafter "ANA X") will expand its platform business, and the operations of ANA Sales Co., Ltd. will be transformed with the launch of ANA Akindo Ltd. (hereinafter "ANA Akindo"), which will work to grow ANA's business network across Japan.
"We recognize that remaining competitive and striving to be the leader in the current business environment requires venturing into new opportunities and markets and taking swift actions," said Shinichi Inoue, President and CEO of ANA X. "As we seek for ways to deliver value to the daily lives of people and help move their business forward, it is clear that investing assets in a wide range of business services is an absolute necessity. I am proud to be part of a team which understands the enormous potential of data and digital tools to improve every aspect of our society."
"ANA has always sought to connect people, and we are excited to expand and deepen our ties with regions across Japan and to collaborate with a variety of businesses," said Seiichi Takahashi, President and CEO of ANA Akindo. "We hope that our services as a concierge for Japan's local regions will deliver superior value to across the country as ANA's airline network continues to grow."
Realizing a Mileage-based Ecosystem
- • With the new ANA Super （all-inclusive） app - which will be available as early as FY 2022 - ANA Akindo and ANA X will make it possible for users to accumulate and use miles at multiple real-world locations and online.
- • Connecting interactions in the real and virtual world takes on greater importance as ANA works to build a mileage-based ecosystem. The ANA Group's strength lies in its network of people and destinations across Japan and around the world, and the level of "connectivity" that ANA Group offers is a strength that is unrivaled. ANA will leverage this capability to introduce a wide range of unique products jointly presented by the ANA Group concierge and regional partners, in addition to services such as real estate, finance, insurance, and enhance convenience by expanding the available online transaction options as well.
- • The key purpose of ANA X, which will focus on the digitization of ANA’s business, will be to provide the ideal travel experience through providing a single, seamless service that will allow users to make reservations, purchase trips and find information on dining, entertainment and shopping, all with a single app. When traveling, people will be able to use the miles they have accumulated through the smartphone application.
A total of 120 "ANA Group Concierges" to Collaborate with Local Groups across Japan
- • ANA Akindo will deploy approximately 120 ANA Group Concierges to 33 local branches in Japan. The concierges will collaborate to deliver comprehensive solutions in the area on mobility, logistics, and digitization by utilizing the diverse assets of the ANA Group.
Special Launch Campaign
- • Together with business partners and local governments, ANA will work to create a mileage-based ecosystem, and we will run a special campaign to celebrate this launch. The ANA in-flight magazine will be available online and on the ANA app from April, and will be available to a wider range of customers than ever before. The details will be announced on the following website (Japanese only) on April 1: https://www.ana-akindo.co.jp
The "X" in the name represents several distinct ideas: 1) The unknown and infinite possibilities: the potential for all things, 2) Interaction and connection, 3) Synergy by multiplication: to aim for business synergy through multiplication and exponential growth, not simply addition.
The word “Akindo” represents our desire to be a company that realizes Sampo Yoshi （Japanese for a “Win-Win-Win” concept） for local communities, customers, and the ANA Group. This principle is based on a concept to benefit the seller, the buyer and society, as we expand and deepen each of our business domains in addition to our traditional aviation sales business. As we expand into various areas, we hope to become a company that achieves Sampo Yoshi for local communities, customers and the ANA Group.
The company logo also incorporates an icon symbolizing Sampo Yoshi, and the inclusion of the English word “kind” within the phrase expresses the company’s commitment to be kind to local communities.
Contact:ANA Corporate Communications, TEL +81-3-6735-1111, firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded more than 60 years ago in 1952 with just two helicopters, All Nippon Airways (ANA), has become the largest airline in Japan, serving 46 international destinations and 50 domestic destinations.
ANA HOLDINGS Inc. (ANAHD) was established in 2013 as the largest airline group holding company in Japan comprised of 78 companies including ANA and Peach Aviation Limited, the leading LCC in Japan. The 78 companies organized under the ANAHD umbrella operate in a diverse range of markets, including air transportation, travel services and trade, and retail embody ANAHD's shared values of exceptional service, responsible corporate citizenship and investment in the communities where they operate.
ANA is a launch customer and the biggest operator of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, making ANAHD the biggest Dreamliner owner in the world. A member of Star Alliance since 1999, ANA has Joint Venture agreements with United Airlines, Lufthansa Airlines, Swiss International Airlines, Austrian Airlines and Brussels Airlines- giving it a truly global presence.
Supplementing its operations in commercial aviation, ANAHD has led the development of the innovative haptic robotics program, through its avatarin Inc. company, and its involvement in space with its partnership with JAXA, and other space related companies such as Astroscale and PD Aerospace.
The airline's legacy of superior service has helped it earn SKYTRAX's respected 5-Star rating every year since 2013, making ANA the only Japanese airline to win this prestigious designation and for eight consecutive years. ANA also has been recognized by Air Transport World as "Airline of the Year" three times (2007, 2013 and 2018); it is one of a select few airlines to win this prestigious award multiple times.
For more information, please refer to the following link: