ANA Launches 2021 Premium Member Status Campaign
- • Set to launch today in Japan, the 2021 campaign will newly allow users to earn the Premium Member Status by flying with ANA in combination with using a variety of ANA’s services and transactions.
TOKYO, December 16, 2020 - All Nippon Airways (ANA), Japan's largest and 5-Star airline for eight consecutive years, today kicked off its Premium Member Status campaign for 2021. The campaign will run for one year through December 15, 2021, and ANA will be the first airline in the world to launch an initiative where the Premium Member Status level may be achieved through the combination of a variety of services in addition to the conventional qualification method of airplane rides.
Previously, the Premium Member Status was solely determined by the number of premium points earned through flying. The new campaign for 2021 will allow users to acquire Premium Member Status through using ANA's various services available at multiple touchpoints of their daily lives, in addition to the pre-existing accumulation from each flight.
The primary goal of ANA with this new initiative is to provide customers more opportunities to accomplish the Premium Member Status amid a decrease in the opportunities for flying due to the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak, and is the latest addition to ANA's plans on digitizing its business and expanding its touchpoint with customers. By providing customers with this campaign, ANA hopes more users will benefit from the Premium Member Status and enjoy ANA's services at multiple areas of their daily lives.
- (1) Applicable Customers: All ANA Mileage Club (AMC) members (registration required)
- (2) Campaign Period: December 16, 2020 through December 15, 2021
- (3) Campaign Registration: Access the ANA website (Japanese only) and register.
- (4) Premium Member Status Qualification Requirements:
- *1 Premium Points earned on ANA Group operated flights between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021. The conventional qualification requirements, where members earn a Premium Member Status solely by earning Premium Points through air travel will remain in place.
- *2 Total amount of transactions by using ANA Cards and ANA Pay between December 16, 2020 and December 15, 2021. Transactions from ANA Cards to ANA Pay are not applicable for this campaign.
- *3 Number of eligible ANA services used between December 16, 2020 and December 15, 2021. The conditions for counting the number of services may differ depending on the service used.
- (5) Eligible ANA Services:
- (6) Premium Member Benefits:
- ▪ Diamond, Platinum, Bronze Service member will receive the same services as regular premium services.
- ▪ Diamond + More member will receive additional benefits as below:
- 1. Special redemption rate when exchanging miles to SKY COINS.
(Applicable exchange period: April 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023)
- 2. Diamond Status for one family member of the Diamond + More member.
(Status provision period: April 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023)
Contact:ANA Corporate Communications, TEL +81-3-6735-1111, email@example.com
Following the "Inspiration of Japan" high quality of service, ANA has been awarded the respected 5-Star rating every year since 2013 from SKYTRAX. ANA is the only Japanese airline to win this prestigious designation eight years in a row. Additionally, ANA has been recognized by Air Transport World as "Airline of the Year" three times in the past 10 years - 2007, 2013 and 2018, becoming one of the few airlines winning this prestigious award for multiple times.
ANA was founded in 1952 with two helicopters and has become the largest airline in Japan, as well as one of the most significant airlines in Asia, operating 82 international routes and 118 domestic routes (as of December 2019). ANA offers a unique dual hub model which enables passengers to travel to Tokyo and connect through the two airports in the metropolitan Tokyo, NARITA and HANEDA, to various destinations throughout Japan, and also offers same day connections between various North American, Asian and Chinese cities.
ANA has been a member of Star Alliance since 1999 and has joint venture partnerships with United Airlines, Lufthansa German Airlines, Swiss International Airlines and Austrian Airlines.
In addition to the full service and award-winning record of ANA, the ANA Group's subsidiary Peach Aviation Limited is the leading LCC in Japan, and has expanded following the integration of Vanilla Air Inc. in late 2019. The ANA Group carried 54.4 million passengers in FY2018, has approximately 43,000 employees and a fleet of 260 aircraft. ANA is a proud launch customer and the biggest operator of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
For more information, please refer to the following link.