ANA Receives Prestigious 5-Star Rating from
SKYTRAX for the Seventh Consecutive Year
- •ANA has achieved the highest possible rating from SKYTRAX every year since 2013.
- •Japanese carrier one of only 11 airlines to receive top rating in 2019.
TOKYO, April 1, 2019 - All Nippon Airways (ANA), Japan's largest and 5-Star airline for seven consecutive years, was recently selected by the international air transport rating organization SKYTRAX as one of only 11 global 5-Star airlines. Even more impressive is that this commendation has been awarded to ANA for the last seven years, giving it an outstanding track record of success.
SKYTRAX only awards the 5-Star rating to airlines that provide "5-Star level" service across more than 800 categories ranging from airport facilities to in-flight services. The decision to award this seventh consecutive 5-Star rating represents SKYTRAX's recognition of the consistently superb service achieved by ANA's staff as well as the airline's efforts to constantly improve its products and services to make passengers' flights safer and more comfortable.
ANA is pleased to remain in elite company among global airlines with the seventh consecutive 5-Star rating from SKYTRAX. ANA has lofty standards for what constitutes success and will not settle for anything less than the best. All employees strive to make air travel as simple, convenient and comfortable for each passenger from the moment they book their ticket to when they exit the airport at their destination.
Never content with past success alone, ANA has embarked on a number of initiatives over the past year designed to improve its ability to offer exceptional value to passengers:
- <Airport services>
- - ANA introduced ANA Baggage Drop service at Fukuoka Airport, joining Haneda and Sapporo (New Chitose) as the third airport to offer these convenient services to ANA passengers.
- - At international airports, ANA is updating its signage to simplify the boarding process, as well as providing enhanced training to lobby attendants.
- - ANA has renovated the domestic lounges at Osaka (Itami), Fukuoka, and Okinawa (Naha) Airports.
*ANA LOUNGE at Okinawa (Naha) Airport will be renovated in autumn 2019.
- - Narita Airport's ANA LOUNGE at Satellite 4 and Narita Airport's ANA ARRIVAL LOUNGE have been expanded.
- - Opening hours for Haneda International Airport's ANA SUITE LOUNGE and ANA LOUNGE located near gate 114 were extended to allow passengers greater use of the lounge at night.
- <In-flight services>
- - ANA made Domestic ANA Wi-Fi internet service free and then expanded Wi-Fi availability to 100 aircraft while also increasing the number of video programs. Additionally, international First Class passengers are now able to use ANA Wi-Fi internet service free of charge.
- - ANA has also modernized in-flight dining by expanding options for passengers to select meals prior to departure and pre-order a range of dishes from ANA's premium THE CONNOISSEURS collaboration meal program.
- - In-flight meal tray sizes and volume were increased in international Economy Class for North America, Europe, Oceania and some Asia routes.
- - ANA completely revamped sleepwear and in-flight amenity kits for First Class and Business Class.
- - The in-flight safety video was updated with a Kabuki theme to add a touch of Japanese tradition.
- <Staff education>
- - Enhanced lounge staff training to boost customer service.
- - A new curriculum for flight attendants was introduced to encourage them to think from the passenger's perspective.
ANA will continue striving to offer enhanced service to all passengers in order to make the travel experience as convenient and comfortable as possible.
Contact: ANA Corporate Communications, TEL +81-3-6735-1111, firstname.lastname@example.org
Following the "Inspiration of Japan" high quality of service, ANA has been awarded the respected 5-Star rating every year since 2013 from SKYTRAX. ANA is the only Japanese airline to win this prestigious designation seven years in a row. Additionally, ANA has been recognized by Air Transport World as "Airline of the Year" three times in the past 10 years - 2007, 2013 and 2018, becoming one of the few airlines winning this prestigious award for multiple times.
ANA was founded in 1952 with two helicopters and has become the largest airline in Japan, as well as one of the most significant airlines in Asia, operating 80 international routes and 118 domestic routes. ANA offers a unique dual hub model which enables passengers to travel to Tokyo and connect through the two airports in the metropolitan Tokyo, NARITA and HANEDA, to various destinations throughout Japan, and also offers same day connections between various North American, Asian and Chinese cities.
ANA has been a member of Star Alliance since 1999 and has joint venture partnerships with United Airlines, Lufthansa German Airlines, Swiss International Airlines and Austrian Airlines.
Besides the full service and award winner carrier ANA, the ANA Group has two LCCs as consolidated subsidiaries, Vanilla Air Inc. and Peach Aviation Limited. The ANA Group carried 53.8 million passengers in FY2017, has approximately 39,000 employees and a fleet of 260 aircraft. ANA is a proud launch customer and the biggest operator of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
For more information, please refer to the following link.